RI Loves: The ABC’s of Rhode Island was the first book my husband and I self-published.
Published in November of 2014, it was initially created as a book for our first daughter, Gwen.
The idea was to list out something my husband and I loved about Rhode Island for each letter of the alphabet.
When we started letting friends and family know about the idea, they started asking for copies. Then their friends asked for a copy…then…we decided to crowd fund our first run of books.
After having the book printed, we started marketing the book around the state.
• Television: Guest on The Rhode Show on WPRI-TV
• Radio: Guest on WPRO for segment on “The Saturday Morning News”
• Radio: Guest on WPRO for segment on “The Buddy Cianci Show”
• Radio: Guest on Lite Rock 105 for the Heather & Amy Show
• Radio: 92 PRO-FM featured book during their “12 Days of Christmas”
• Online: Named as University of Rhode Island “Big Thinker”
• Online: Featured as the “Pick of the Day” by Homestyle in Providence
In addition, Jill appeared and read at dozens of schools, libraries, book stores and events throughout Rhode Island in 2015 and 2016.
RI Loves now has thousands of copies in print and is available in stores throughout the state including: Barnes & Noble, Bellani Maternity, Books on the Square, ModMama and many more.
• Schedule Jill for a reading, media appearance or special event by e-mail: email@example.com
• Purchase a copy of RI Loves: The ABC’s of Rhode Island online by clicking here